Botanical name: Cymbopogon nardus
Aromatic Description: Sweet floral and citrus with of a mixed scent of trees and grass.
Part of plant distilled: Leaves.
Colour: Yellowish brown.
Main compounds: Citronellal, geraniol, geranyl acetate, citronellol and limonene.
Method of Extraction: Steam distillation.
Properties: antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antibacterial, antidepressant, diuretic and insect repelling.
SKIN AND HAIR CARE;
- Improves skin absorption of moisture.
- Slows the look of aging.
- Improves general skin health.
- Treats dandruff.
- Removes head lice.
- Improves the health of the scalp & hair.
- Promotes hair growth & reduce loss.
- Nourishes and soothes dry or itchy scalp.
- Natural bug repellent especially for mosquitoes.
- Treats Parasitic infections.
- Lifts mood
- Fights fatigue
- Speeds up the healing of wounds.
- Has antifungal properties and if regularly used, controls fungal infections
- Natural deodorant for body and air.
- Eliminates and refresh foul body odours
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Add a few drops into your diffuser.
- Add several drops to your hot bath.
- Add to household cleaning agents.
- Add a few drops in hot water or onto a hot towel and inhale.
- Blend with other oils to lighten up fragrance and spray.
Always conduct a test patch on the inner forearm by applying diluted essential oil and give it time, if it does not show adverse reactions use on other parts of the body.
- Mix with carrier oils and apply on hair or skin.
- Rub a few drops between your palms.
- Add to your moisturizer and night cream.
- Add a few drops to a damp towel and apply directly to inflamed areas and wounds.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and burn in an oil burner.
- Not for internal use.
- Citronella is likely toxic to pollinators.
- Keep away from sunlight.
- Slightly flammable. Store away from heat.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, ears and mucous membranes.
- Do not use on already damaged skin.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, young children and people with other medical conditions should ALWAYS consult a physician before using essential oils.